Announcing Carbonite Ultra!
Carbonite Ultra is built on an entirely new 1RU hardware platform with 240% more processing power than the original Carbonite. Remarkably affordable, the 24-input, 14-output Carbonite Ultra rack starts at only $10,900 USD. This production switcher can be configured with 1-3 MEs, 2-4 16-window MultiViewers, Frame Syncs & Format Converters on all inputs and processing & color correction on all inputs and outputs. Furthermore, Carbonite Ultra follows Ross Video’s Software Defined Production philosophy, meaning more features will be introduced via free-of-charge software updates and new software-licensed functions, yet to be announced, will take Carbonite Ultra beyond a production switcher. In fact, Carbonite Ultra’s next software release will unlock 12G/UHD support for 2ME & 3ME systems.
Going forward, Carbonite Ultra replaces the original Carbonite series of switchers which includes Carbonite, Carbonite Plus and Carbonite MultiMedia.
Carbonite Ultra Overview:
- 24 Input / 14 Output production switcher in an ultra-compact 1RU chassis.
- Configurable with up to 3MEs.
- 4 built-in MiniMEs in every system.
- Improves on the most popular Carbonite features: more powerful MiniMEs, MediaStores, and MultiViewers
- The simple and familiar control interfaces of Carbonite Black control panels, ViewControl and DashBoard.
- Support for SD, HD, 3G 1080P and 12G UHD video standards.
- Complete set of I/O frame syncs, format converters, colour correctors and proc amps.
- Software-defined platform that will deliver new, cutting-edge feature upgrades via no-cost software updates.
- Exciting software-licensed functionalities, yet to be announced, that take Ultra beyond a production switcher.
Carbonite Ultra will be shipping in December 2018. With the introduction of Carbonite Ultra, the full range of original Carbonite switchers are now in end of production as of IBC 2018:
- Carbonite & Carbonite Plus – still available for order, but supplies are limited.
- Carbonite MultiMedia & Carbonite eXtreme – announced in August.