Do you have a passion for audio and video equipment? Do you like working for small companies where you can really make a difference? Do you have great technical and people skills? If so, you might be a great fit for this position at Z Systems. You will be primarily dealing with educational (usually post-secondary) and house of worship type of accounts in Minnesota, helping to sell video cameras, switchers, editing, storage, backup, and audiovisual systems.
We are a local business-to-business dealer and installer of professional video and audiovisual systems, and we are growing. Our office is in Saint Louis Park – just a couple blocks from the Cedar Lake Trail bicycle path.
This posting is for an entry level inside sales / account management position that hopefully will transition to an outside sales position in a few years. That will mean more opportunity for earning and more responsibility.
Primary responsibilities will be working with our sales team to identify and work on new and existing opportunities.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Work closely with one of our external account representatives.
- Maintain existing educational client list and client relationships.
- Prepare and present quotations and proposals to customers and prospects as needed.
- Prospecting and making outbound phone calls to various types of users and organizations.
- Identify key decision makers within these organizations and determine the key trigger to advancing the sales process.
- Identify opportunities with our customers that our products and services will address.
- Assist with web site and e-commerce content from time to time.
- Build long term relationships with our customer base.
- Stay current on new industry trends, products and programs.
- Time allocation:
- 20%: Prospecting to grow business
- 40%: Researching and preparing proposals based on specific opportunity
- 20%: Customer-facing sales time and preparation.
- 20%: Non-selling, administrative and training tasks.
Our ideal candidate must have:
- An outgoing, extremely driven personality and a long-term interest in a professional sales career
- Experience and/or professional connections or experience in the post-secondary educational market and / or house of worship marketplace.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication abilities.
Additionally, we’d like to see:
- Business to business sales and prospecting experience.
- Professional video or film production or post production experience.
- A 4 year College degree.
Since this is a trainee position, we have found that a flat salary for the first six months works best. After that, we will add on a monthly bonus based on booked sales. This salary will range from $25,000 – $35,000 and will be based on your experience and qualifications.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume to email@example.com.
About Z Systems
Z Systems is a woman-owned Twin-Cities based pro video reseller and integrator. Our customers include corporate, government, educational institutions, houses of worship, video production companies, post production houses, and any other organizations that need professional video and audiovisual systems. Basically, any business or organization that is creating audio and video materials.
Our core values are:
- Technical excellence – we know what we sell
- Fierce customer loyalty – we will advocate for our customers over everything else to ensure that they are treated fairly.
- Value – we will utilize technology shifts to help our customers achieve more results with less money than our competitors.
We’ve been in business for 21 years and offer both health care and a Simple IRA retirement savings plan for all our full-time employees.
Our office is in Saint Louis Park – just a couple blocks from the Cedar Lake Trail bicycle path.