Z Systems DAM demos for MAC 7/11/18:
First Up – A Traditional Systems Utilizing CatDV:
- Powerful and customizable
- Component Based – catDV is asset management software only. You need to add all the other components (server, storage, networking, transcoding, backup, archive, etc.)
- Web and ‘fat client’ interface options available
- Chargers per license – web and fat client
- Significant costs for training, customizing, commissioning and ongoing support
- Not a SAAS platform
A Less Expensive Option – ProMAX PLATFORM
- All-In-One solution: Shared storage (Windows-based) server, asset management, data protection (backup, archive, mirroring, cloning, replication, and snapshots), transcoding, automated proxy generation, automated rules-based metadata, After Effects Render Node.
- Single web GUI – easy to learn.
- Powerful security and rights management – can join an Active Directory domain if desired
- Since it is a Windows server at its core, you can add on third party apps.
- Much simpler training, commissioning, and ongoing support
- Comes in 26 different configurations based on storage, networking, and internal processing needs.
- Not a SAAS platform
A Possible Third Option – Iconik
- A new solution we saw at NAB
- 100% cloud based
- SAAS model
About Z Systems:
- 6,000 sq. ft. showroom / demo facility in Saint Louis Park.
- A Minnesota, woman-owned and operated small business.
- Eight full time employees – we rarely use outside contractors
- 2018 is our 20th year in business
- Our core values are:
- Technical Excellence
- Fierce Customer Advocates
- Focused On Value Engineering
Our Value Proposition:
- Customized solutions – we pick the best product based on your needs – not married to just a couple vendors
- Local support in addition to manufacturers’ support – the best of both worlds!
- Personalized service
- Minnesota based woman owned small business
- AND since we match internet pricing, Z Systems doesn’t cost you a penny more!
Our Process For Asset Management Solution Design, Implementation, and Maintenance:
- Needs analysis -Use cases, security concerns, budget, growth potential, anticipated management overhead, etc.
- Conceptual design – Are we on the right track? Does the cost make sense for your organization?
- Documentation of anticipated workflow.
- Detailed design and presentation of final pricing.
- Implementation – hardware, software, setting up shares, metadata fields, and automation
- Pilot testing and refinement of system and workflow – Are our designs making sense in the real world with real users?
- Rollout and training – administrator and user level.
- Ongoing maintenance and feature additions
- Annual support and system upgrades – critical with these systems.
- Z Systems’ Line Card
- Square Box’s Web Site (catDV)
- Z Systems’ ProMax Portal
- Promax Web Site
- Promax PLATFORM Transcoding Format List
For More Information, Please Contact:
John Zdechlik, 952-974-3140 x 203. firstname.lastname@example.org