The DaVinci Resolve Micro Panel from Blackmagic Design is a high quality, portable low profile panel that features three high resolution trackballs and 12 precision machined control knobs for accessing all essential primary color correction tools. Above the center trackball are keys for switching between log and offset color correction, as well as a key to display DaVinci Resolve’s full screen viewer, which is great for use with laptops. Eighteen dedicated keys on the right side also give you access to the most commonly used grading features and playback controls. DaVinci Resolve Micro Panel is perfect for independent editors and colorists that need a truly portable solution, great on set to create looks and evaluate color and lighting, ideal for quickly grading video in broadcast trucks, great for education and much more!
- Small enough to take with you, so you can bring it to any Resolve system (12.5.5 or later) and do color correction on location or at the editor’s suite
- Shares basic layout with Mini and Advanced Panels
- Interfaces with and controls software
- Three track balls with outer control rings
- Log and Offset color-correction selection buttons
- Custom control knobs with 4096 steps per rotation and push-button reset
Primary Correction Creative Control Knobs
To take your color grading to the next creative level, the DaVinci Resolve Mini and Micro panels include 12 dedicated primary color correction control knobs. These are designed to make it easy for you to stylize the look of your images and generate precise “film looks.” All knobs can be pressed to instantly reset the control. That’s perfect for when you are trying an exciting new style but get a bit lost. Simply press the knobs to reset!
- Y lift Control: Adjust the contrast of the image in the darker areas, specifically in the Y (luminance) channel only. This adjustment allows changing the black point without changing saturation.
- Y Gamma Control: Adjust the contrast of the image in the mid-tone areas, specifically in the Y (luminance) channel only. This control helps add depth and extra vibrancy to shots.
- Y Gain Control: Adjust the contrast of the image in the brighter areas, specifically in the Y (luminance) channel only. You can reduce hot shots or pull the whites to make the shot look more angelic!
- Contrast Control: Increase contrast to make the blacks darker and the whites brighter, or decrease contrast to do the opposite.
- Pivot: Change the center of tonality about which dark and bright parts of the image are stretched or narrowed during a contrast adjustment.
- Mid-Tone Detail: Affect the contrast of regions of the image with high edge detail to increase or decrease the perception of image sharpness and definition. Often used for softening facial features making it popular for beauty shots.
- Color Boost Control: Raise the saturation in regions of the image with low saturation while leaving properly saturated areas alone. Also known as a vibrance operation, this is useful for adding color without over saturating the image.
- Shadow Control: Selectively lighten or darken shadow detail without affecting your images mid-tones.
- Highlight Control: Enable retrieving blown out highlight detail in high dynamic range media by lowering this parameter. This allows you to achieve a smooth blend between the retrieved highlights and unadjusted mid tones for a natural-looking image.
- Saturation Control: Increases or decreases overall image saturation, you can turn your color image into a grayscale image with this control.
- Hue Control: Rotate all hues of the image around 360° of the color wheel. The default setting is 50, which retains the original distribution of hues.
- Luminance Mix Control: Control the balance between the YRGB adjustments and Y only adjustments made using the Y channel lift, gamma, and gain controls.