Outfit your studio with the Teradek Slice 656 H.264 Rackmount H.264 Encoder and encode incoming uncompressed SDI or HDMI video to H.264 compressed video for convenient proxy recording to an SD card, streaming over the web, or point-to-point streaming. As it is designed for professional workflows, the Slice 656 H.264 can be mounted in a standard 19″ equipment rack. Its compact form factor only takes up a single rack space.
- Live Web Streaming
- One option is to use the Slice 656 H.264 for live streaming via the web. Many popular delivery platforms, such as Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Periscope, Ustream, Livestream, and Twitch.tv are supported, as is delivery to a private server via Wowza’s streaming engine.
Multipoint streaming can be accomplished with the Core Cloud Management Platform. Stream to multiple delivery networks (some compatible ones listed above) simultaneously to reach a wider audience.
- Point-to-Point Streaming
- Transmit high definition video from any HDMI, HD-SDI, or composite video source over the Internet or on local networks at extremely low latency. Slice is compatible with a variety of streaming protocols, including MPEG-TS, TDS, and RTSP/RTP. The Slice 656 H.264 encoder can stream to Slice, Cube, and T-Rax decoders, in addition to 3rd party decoding solutions compatible with MPEG-TS. Using the Core Cloud Management platform, a single Slice encoder can stream to any number of destinations around the world. From an intuitive drag-and-drop interface, Core users can configure and route their Teradek encoder feeds to decoders, online video platforms, or even another company’s Sputnik server all in real time.
- Core Fleet Management
- Core is Teradek’s new cloud-based encoder fleet management system. From a single web GUI, you can monitor and control all of your Teradek encoders, cellular bonding systems, and decoders effortlessly. The interface allows you to direct streams from any one encoder to any number of decoders, even if both are behind firewalls or on private networks. All the encoding and transmission parameters can be controlled remotely from any location, allowing your field reporters to focus on the content and not the transmission gear. The automatic device discovery and drag and drop workflow makes entering IP addresses a thing of the past, while customizable warnings and notifications ensure that things keep operating smoothly.
- Sputnik 2.0
- Sputnik is Teradek’s free software application between Edge and your streaming destination. Sputnik is designed to run on a Linux computer either in the Cloud (using Amazon EC2) or on a local server with a single, publicly addressable TCP port. The software recombines packets from connected cellular modems into a cohesive video stream that can be sent to an H.264 decoder, computer, or viewed online.
- LUT Support
- Load in a 1D or 3D 33-point LUT to apply to incoming video. LUTs applied to your footage will ensure that you can achieve the look you require for your broadcast content.
- Closed Caption Support
- The Slice 656 H.264 encoders support EIA-608 and EIA-708 closed captioning via H.264 SEI insertion, as per SCTE 128-1.