Cameras and water don’t mix. Neither do cameras and sand, dirt or salt. With Sony’s new optional Extended Service Plans with Accidental Damage from Handling, those things mix just a bit better.
The ESP lengthens Sony’s camera warranty and ADH protects you from the high repair costs of accidental drops, spills, and lens and screen breakage.
The optional Extended Service Plans (ESP) plans include:
- Coverage for mechanical/electrical failure during normal use, including CCD Block / C-MOS Imager
- No coverage cap on component failure repairs
- Repaired by Sony-authorized technicians with Sony parts
- Return shipping from Sony repair facility included
- Lightning/power surge protection included
- No lemon policy – replacement after multiple failures on same component
By adding Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) to any ESP plan, your camera is now also:
- Protected from accidents like drops, spills, screen or lens breakage, sand/grit
- Given priority repair status
The cost of adding ESP and ADH protection to a new camera is very affordable and is a great investment. It is based upon the price of the camera. For example, a 2-year Service Plan w/ ADH for a camcorder in the $7,500 to $10,000 range costs $599.99 and a 3-year Service Plan w/ ADH for the same camcorder costs $729.99.
Contact your account manager for details of this great new Sony offer.
There are some restrictions to the ADH protection. Here’s the not-so-fine print:
ADH coverage does not protect products in the cases of (a) theft, loss, misplacement, war, terrorism, fire, abuse, a willful or intentional act, (b) alteration or modification of the Product in any way, (c) damage caused by failure to perform manufacturer’s recommended operating instructions/standards or recommended maintenance, (d) cosmetic damage (e.g., scratches or dents) that does not prevent the proper functionality or use of the Product.