So some Sony news from IBC has made its way over the pond and into the Z Systems office. We’re excited to share with you the latest round of upgrades and products for the F5 and F55.
CBKZ-55FX is a 4K Upgrade Option for the PMW-F5. This option enables the following:
• XAVC 4K/QFHD recording and playback
• 4K SDI and 4K HDMI Output
• Simultaneous recording (XAVC 4K/QFHD) and MPEG 50Mbps 422
This option will be activated by a license key which will be purchased and installed by the end-user. Requires V5.0 firmware upgrade. Non-cancellable purchase, one way upgrade, and cannot be uninstalled.
The evolution of the F55/F5 continues with additional codecs, recording options and functions.
• DNR (Noise suppression) is available in Cine EI mode
• Memory A/B white balance in Custom mode
• Assignable Color Bars On/Off
• Assignable VF Magnification On/Off
• Direct Changing FPS (STEP) on Menu knob
• Double speed viewfinder setting now remains on when switching HFR ON/OFF
• Simultaneous recording with HDCAM SR 422 SQ and MPEG 50Mbps 422 59.94i
• Support for Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD® codecs via the optional CBK-55PD Encoder Board. For details please refer to the CBK-55PD Encoder Board Chart.
• Support for the new optional Shoulder Mount Dock (CBK-55BK)
– Assignable EI value for Gain Switch in Cine-EI mode
– Assignable 3200K/4300K/5500K to White A/B/Preset switch
in Cine-EI mode
– Add Wireless Audio setting Menu Page “WRR”
• Interval recording
• F5 4K XAVC™ Internal Recording – requires CBKZ-55FX F5 4K Upgrade License (please refer to License Chart)
This hardware upgrade option for the F55/F5 cameras offer Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD® encoding. The board includes three operating points of Apple ProRes and two operating points of Avid DNxHD® from the release date (planned for end of December). Files will be encoded internally to the F55/F5 and recorded to Sony’s SxS Pro™+ memory cards. Apple ProRes 4444 will be supported with a future firmware update planned for June 2015.
Now with Sony’s CBK-55BK Shoulder Mount Dock, your F55 or F5 quickly transforms into a run and gun ENG and Documentary camera whenever you need it, and returns to a traditional Super 35mm camera when that’s what the job requires.
For more information on any of these new options, either click on the headings or call your Z Systems rep at 952-974-3140.