Epiphan Pearl Nano 2 Input Portable Streaming Encoder
Pearl Nano offers the ultimate blend of portability and versatility with a refined yet robust feature set that includes ingestion, encoding, HDMI pass-through, and recording. Use Nano as a powerful and reliable video distribution device or contribution encoder, or leverage the device’s streaming and recording functions as part of a more complex setup with additional production capabilities.
In a portable design with 12G-SDI and HDMI 1080p60 inputs, the Epiphan Pearl Nano can be used for simple encoding productions or much more complex setups thanks to its expansive feature set and versatility, and 4K streaming and recording options are available with an add-on license.
Pearl Nano features an HDMI program out, zero-latency HDMI pass-through to local monitors, and audio support via dual XLR, RCA, and USB inputs. Streamline your setup even further with the ability to power Nano over PoE+ instead of the included power supply. An SD card slot on the front and an expansion bay supporting M.2 SATA SSDs, allow you to record locally and then automatically transfer the files to a USB drive, local server, or network-attached storage device.
The advanced and easy-to-use streaming and recording functions enable you to integrate the Nano into elaborate productions. SRT encoding and decoding capabilities along with end-to-end control allow the Nano to be used as a contribution encoder for remote guests. Broad streaming protocol support lets you stream to any CDN or streaming server using protocols including SRT, HLS, RTMP, and RTMPS.
You can also design the layout of your choice for your video program with Pearl Nano’s custom layout designer. Create anything from simple picture-in-picture layouts to compositions with dynamic backgrounds and other custom graphics.
- Front screen for basic configuration/control and confidence monitoring
- Inputs for HDMI and SDI, line-level XLR and RCA
- HDMI program out and pass-through for zero-latency content display
- Custom layout builder for a tailored video program
- Intuitive browser-based UI and local console
- Cloud-based configuration and control via Epiphan Cloud
- SRT, HLS, MPEG-DASH, RTMP, and RTMPS streaming protocol support
- Comprehensive integration with Kaltura and Panopto
- Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) and DC power
- SD card slot for removable storage
- Expansion bay for user-supplied M.2 SSD
- USB input for attached storage
- 802.1x network access control
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
For more information on the Pearl Mini, check out Epiphan’s web site https://www.epiphan.com/products/pearl-nano/
For an introduction to SRT, here is a blog post we did a little while back: https://zsyst.com/2021/01/srt_primer/
If you have questions about this product, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (952)974-3140.
For more products, visit our shop!