The 8030C Active Two-Way 5″ Studio Monitor from Genelec provides an accurate reproduction of the source material in a compact design, well suited for near field monitoring, mobile vans, broadcast and TV control rooms, surround systems, home studios, and multimedia applications. The cabinet features Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) technology, which is constructed from all-aluminum in a rounded shape, which minimizes distortions caused by edge diffraction. The metal dome tweeter is surrounded by a smoothly shaped Directivity Controlled Waveguide (DCW), which helps to create an even response when listening both on and off axis.
The 8030C is built with Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) technology which automatically activates the speaker when an audio signal is detected, and puts it into Standby Mode when no signal is present, reducing the energy consumption to less than 0.5 watts. The 8030C features a 50-watt high frequency amplifier for its 3/4″ tweeter, and a 50-watt low-frequency amplifier for its 5″ woofer. The bass response is expanded by a rear-facing reflex port, and a separately available Genelec 7050B active subwoofer can be used to monitor a wider array of frequencies.
- Active crossover filters
- Optimized amplifiers
- Driver unit protection circuitry
- Fully magnetically shielded
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) technology
- Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) technology
- Reflex port design
- Room response compensation via Tone Controls, which optimize the speaker to its environment
- Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) technology saves electricity
- Iso-Pod table stand insulates the speaker from vibration and enables you to tilt its position upward or downward
- Versatile mounting options with threading for ceiling and wall mounts