Featuring a sliding camera plate, SHAPE‘s REVOLT VCT Universal Baseplate can accommodate rigs of varying sizes. Simply attach your camera via 1/4″-20 or 3/8″-16 screws to the top plate, and slide it onto the shoulder plate. Fore and aft movement allows you to balance the weight of your setup properly. Further adjustments can be made by moving the shoulder pad. The 15mm rod clamps at the front and rear of the baseplate allow you to secure 15mm accessories such as a matte box, follow focus, lens motors, lens supports, battery plates, or external recorders. Since the front rod clamp is attached to the top plate, the rod-mounted accessories don’t need to be repositioned as the rig is adjusted. Additionally, handles can be mounted to the ARRI standard rosettes on either side of the plate. When not shoulder-mounted, the baseplate can be secured to a standard VCT-14 ENG quick-release in a matter of seconds, saving time on set.
- The sliding baseplate provides a quick positioning of your camera and accessories for an optimal adjustment of your camera’s balance center.
- Height-adjustable rod clamp for aligning the 15mm rods at the proper LWS height in relation to the optical axis.
- Front and rear rod clamps allow you to extend your rig forwards and backwards.
- Built-in storage areas for extra screws and the allen wrench ensure that necessary adjustment tools are always close at hand.
- Safety pins and spring-loaded levers prevent the top plate from sliding unintentionally.
- Soft and ergonomic shoulder pad.