Sony Alpha a7R III Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
Proving that speed, resolution, and video capabilities can all coexist, the Sony a7R IIIA is a versatile, high-performance camera characterized by not only its resolution, but by its multimedia versatility.
42.4 MP Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor
Featuring a back-illuminated design, the full-frame 42.4-megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor works with the BIONZ X image processor to offer high-resolution stills and video while minimizing noise and improving speed. This sensor structure works with gapless on-chip lens design and an anti-reflection coating, as well as eliminating the optical low-pass filter, to improve light collection and enhance detail. Also, the copper wiring layer dramatically improves data transmission speed for creating 14-bit, high-resolution 42.4-megapixel stills with a native sensitivity range from ISO 100-32000, which can be further expanded to ISO 50-102400. Also, it enables internal UHD 4K video recording with a wide dynamic range using the full width of the full-frame sensor. The BIONZ X processor also works in conjunction with a high-speed front-end LSI to realize faster processing times along with the ability to capture an impressive 15-stop dynamic range at low sensitivity values.
The sensor and processor combination also avails fast continuous shooting at up to 10 fps at full resolution, for up to 76 consecutive frames, and with full-time AF/AE when working with either a mechanical shutter or an electronic shutter. If shooting in live view mode, a continuous shooting rate of up to 8 fps is also possible.
Fast Hybrid AF System
An evolved 4D FOCUS system now employs a combination of 399 phase-detection points, which cover approximately 68% of the frame, along with 425 contrast-detection areas for reliable and quick autofocus and subject tracking performance. This Fast Hybrid AF System now achieves twice the focusing speed and more reliable tracking compared to previous a7R models, as well as improved low-light focusing response down to -3 EV.
- Lock-on AF maintains focus on moving subjects throughout the use of a configurable frame that is set over the desired moving subject
- Expand Flexible Spot employs neighboring focus points to retain focus on moving subjects even if the originally selected point loses focus
- Eye AF can be used to base focus on recognized human subjects’ eyes for portraits and is available in both AF-S and AF-C modes, for both stills and video. Eye AF can be used when photographing animal subjects, too, with any focusing mode when shooting stills
- Focus Magnifier function can be used for critical focus when homing in on minute subject details
- Rear touchscreen can also be used for Touch Focus control, and a Touchpad Focus Control mode lets you use the rear screen intuitively while keeping your eye to the viewfinder
- For more personalized control over focus, and benefitting working in either vertical or horizontal shooting orientation, the AF area can be switched in orientation to better suit your subject matter
- AF tracking sensitivity can also be customized in five steps to match how a subject is moving
- Frequently used focus point settings can be memorized and recalled with a custom button for faster switching between focus settings
If you have questions about this product, contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at (952)974-3140.
For more products, visit our shop!