Sony FE 70-200mm f/4 G OSS Lens
The FE 70-200mm f/4 G OSS full-frame lens is designed for use with mirrorless E-mount cameras where it delivers an excellent telephoto zoom range. It also uses a maximum aperture of f/4 to keep size and weight down. Incorporated into the optical design are a series of specialized elements to ensure aberrations are suppressed, this includes two extra-low dispersion elements, one super extra-low dispersion element, two advanced aspherical elements, and one aspherical element. Along with these capabilities, a Nano AR coating will help minimize the appearance of flare and ghosting.
- Two extra-low dispersion glass elements and one Super ED element help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- One aspherical element and two Advanced Aspherical (AA) elements help suppress astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- A Nano AR coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also lends greater control over focus position for shallow depth of field techniques.
- Versatile zoom range suits working with a variety of subjects, from portraiture and events applications to landscapes and sports shooting.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Dual linear motors and an internal focus mechanism enable fast, responsive autofocus and object tracking. The lens can also focus as close as 3.3′ for close up imaging.
- Focus range limiter switch allows you constrain the usable focus range between a set limited range or full for improving focus speed
- Three focus hold buttons and an AF/MF switch is present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds.
- This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera’s sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Removable and rotating tripod collar for added stability and reducing strain on the camera’s lens mount.