The Sony FX3 offers all of the same great features of the A7S3 with a focus more on video production.
The key features of the camera are; 10:bit 4:2:2 recording in all modes, up to and including several incredible 4k 120p options, several new high quality codecs, including a new h.265 based XAVC HS, fast hybrid auto focus with face and eye detection and tracking, in body image stabilization as well as gyro driven active stabilization, new back side illuminated sensor for improved light response, new BIONZ XR image processor for faster read speeds to reduce rolling shutter artifacts, new color science from Sony’s cinema cameras, full size HDMI port that is capable of sending out a 16-bit RAW signal, fully articulating LCD screen, and so much more. Read below for further details on these and other amazing features.
New 12.1MP Exmor RS BSI CMOS Sensor with BIONZ XR Image Processor
10-Bit 4:2:2 Internal Recording up to 4k 120p
Unlike many previous small form factor cameras which were limited to 4k at 30fps, the FX3 delivers 4k at up to 120fps without pixel binning or line skipping. Not only has the frame rate gotten a big boost but the recording quality has as well. The FX3 offers 10-bit 4:2:2 sampling in all recording modes. The camera also got 2 brand new codecs. XAVC HS is an HEVC/h.265 codec that uses the latest technology in encoding to provide smaller file sizes while retaining all of the visual information. XAVC S-I is an intraframe codec that offers consistent quality by encoding each and every frame separately and maxes out at a bit rate of 600 Mb/s in 4k 120p.
Sony’s Fast Hybrid Autofocus System
Say goodbye to your gimbal with 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Image Stabilization
The FX3 inherits true 5-axis in body stabilization at the sensor which compensates for pitch, yaw, vertical movement, horizontal movement, and roll no matter what lens is attached to the camera, even 3rd party, adapted, and vintage lenses.
For video recording there is also an Active IS mode that adds an electronic stabilization to the image based on the gyroscopic sensor in the camera that further improves the smoothness of the footage straight out of the camera.
- Side-opening 3.0″ 1.44m-dot vari-angle articulating screen for front facing recording as well as high and low angle. It is also a touchscreen for intuitive shooting control and menu navigation.
- Dual CFexpress Type A/USH-II SD-type memory cards.
- New menu design for easier and more intuitive navigation with touchscreen compatibility.
- Newly designed magnesium alloy frame provides rigidity, durability and stability while remaining lightweight. The lens mount has also been reinforced to accommodate heavier lenses.
- Cooling fan for extended recording times
- NP-FZ100 rechargeable lithium-ion batteries provide approximately 510 shots/80 minutes of recording per charge when using the viewfinder or 600 shots/95 minutes of recording when using the LCD.
- Full-size HDMI port
- New USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C port for better tethering support as well as being able to power the camera from an external source.
- Multi Interface Shoe supports working with various Sony audio devices including the UWP-D wireless systems as well as the new XLR-K3M audio module.
Sony FX3 Rental Includes:
- ILMEFX3 Body
- 2x NP-FZ100 Batteries
- NP-FZ Battery Charger
- 1x 160GB CF Express Type-A cards
- CF Express Type-A/SD Card Reader
- USB-C Cable
***Price reflects a single day rental. Weekends are treated as a single day. Week long rentals are billed at a 3-day rate.***