The Sony PXW-X70 features a 1.0″ type Exmor™ R CMOS Sensor with a resolution of 20 megapixels. The sensor, which is even larger than the Super 16mm film frame, delivers high resolution and fantastic low light performance, as well as offering more depth of field control as demanded by today’s diverse shooting requirements. The new camcorder has the ability to record High Definition in XAVC Long GOP, enabling 422 10-bit sampling at 50 Mbps. This in-turn supports a broadcast-quality workflow, increasingly adopted by productions in many different professional applications. A fixed ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens achieves 12x optical zoom which can be doubled to 24x with Clear Image Zoom and doubled again to 48x with Digital Extender zoom. There is also a ND Filter function, allowing you to choose four conventional mechanical ND filter positions. Advanced features include Wi-Fi/NFC (Near Field Communication) with Content Browser Mobile™ version 1.4 or later, plus dual media slots, simultaneous or relay recording, and independent record control. In addition, other wireless network features (e.g. live streaming, file transfer, etc.) are supported by firmware upgrade (version 2.0 or later) and 4K (QFHD) recording functionality by charged base upgrade.
Sony PXW-X70 Professional XDCAM Compact Camcorder (4K Ready)
- 1.0″ type Exmor R CMOS sensor for a wide range of shooting conditions
- High sensitivity and high resolution
- Compact body
- Optical 12x ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens with lens ring
- 24x Clear Image Zoom, and 48x Digital Zoom
- ND filter control mechanism
- Focus, Zoom, and Iris manual control
- Wi-Fi/NFC (Near Field Communication) with Content Browser Mobile version 1.4 or later
- Live streaming, file transfer, etc. are supported by firmware upgrade (version 2.0 and later).
- Use VMC-AVM1 and CBK-NA1 for wired Ethernet connection.
- XAVC HD422 10bit recording
- 4K (QFHD) recording functionality by charged base optional upgrade.
- 59.94p / 50p recording at Full HD 1920 x 1080
- Dual media slots for simultaneous/relay recording, and independent record control
- Slow & Quick Motion
- Picture Profile
- 99 Camera Profiles
- Multi Interface Shoe (MI Shoe) for flexible connection
- Viewfinder includes amazing OLED technology
- 3G HD-SDI output and HDMI standard size connector have Timecode and REC trigger
What's In The Box
- XLR Handle Unit with Microphone Holder
- Lens Hood
- Lens Cap
- Accessory Shoe Kit
- USB Cable
- Rechargeable Battery Pack (NP-FV70)
- AC Adapter AC-L200D
- AC Power Cord
- Wireless Remote Commander (RMT-845)
- CR2025 Battery
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
You may also like…
Our website features a selection of our more popular and recommended products. If you don’t see it here, we can still get it for you. Just give us a call at (952) 974-3140 or contact us, we will help you find a solution that meets your needs exactly.
- Sony Zero Percent Financing Program
- Need Better Live Video? Here are the 5 products You Must Have.
- Adding Quality and Flexibility to Your Stream with a USB Capture Device
- Sling Studio – Portable, Wireless, Multi-camera Switching and Streaming Made Easy and Affordable
- Affordable Switchers / Encoders – Featuring the Blackmagic ATEM Mini and ATEM Mini Pro.