- The Vision 250 pan & tilt head achieves the Perfect Counter Balance by means of an innovative and patented infinitely-variable spring mechanism. This allows the head to tilt through the full range of ±90° in perfect balance, eliminating a considerable amount of physical effort required by the operator to control the tilting action. Since the camera is perfectly balanced, it can be left at any angle – totally hands free – without having to lock the tilt brake. The variable counterbalance mechanism allows it to be used with a variety of lenses, batteries, viewfinders and on-camera lights.For even faster setup, the Vision 250 offers a digital counterbalance readout, with repeatable balance setting. The display is activated by a simple press of a button and remains visible for 15 seconds.
TF (Thin Film) Drag Control
- The Vision 250 uses the Vinten TF (Thin Film) damping system, to provide consistent drag and constant performance in demanding conditions from -40°F to +140°F. The TF system offers total control for precise movement and excellent camera control during the critical slow start-up of your shot, providing seamless transition into Whip Pan and instant recovery to the original drag setting at the finish of the movement.
Calibrated with variable adjustment and a single turn rotation from fully On to Off, the drag knobs are backlit and are adjusted accordingly (depending on the lighting conditions) by a light sensor built into the digital readout.
- The interlock device is positive latching and thus overrides the tilt brake to insure that any load doesn’t move in its fixed position. And the tilt brake therefore doesn’t wear out prematurely.
- Unique design features allow fast setup — a must if you are continuously on the move. The leveling bowl has a double threaded screw shank, which allows the bowl lock to be tightened and released quickly — very handy when you are constantly adjusting the bowl to level the camera (especially on uneven terrain).
- Adjustable camera mounting plate with unique rubber grip strips holds the camera rock steady.
- Load capacity of up to 72.8 lb