With 240% more processing power than the original Carbonite. The remarkably affordable, the 24-input, 14-output Carbonite Ultra starts at only $10,900 USD.
Carbonite Ultra is built on an entirely new 1RU hardware platform with 240% more processing power than the original Carbonite. Remarkably affordable, the 24-input, 14-output Carbonite Ultra rack starts at only $10,900 USD. This production switcher can be configured with 1-3 MEs, 2-4 16-window MultiViewers, Frame Syncs & Format Converters on all inputs and processing & color correction on all inputs and outputs. Furthermore, Carbonite Ultra follows Ross Video’s Software Defined Production philosophy, meaning more features will be introduced via free-of-charge software updates and new software-licensed functions, yet to be announced, will take Carbonite Ultra beyond a production switcher. In fact, Carbonite Ultra’s next software release will unlock 12G/UHD support for 2ME & 3ME systems.
Going forward, Carbonite Ultra replaces the original Carbonite series of switchers which includes Carbonite, Carbonite Plus and Carbonite MultiMedia.
Carbonite Ultra Overview:
- 24 Input / 14 Output production switcher in an ultra-compact 1RU chassis.
- Configurable with up to 3MEs.
- 4 built-in MiniMEs in every system.
- Improves on the most popular Carbonite features: more powerful MiniMEs, MediaStores, and MultiViewers
- The simple and familiar control interfaces of Carbonite Black control panels, ViewControl and DashBoard.
- Support for SD, HD, 3G 1080P and 12G UHD video standards.
- Complete set of I/O frame syncs, format converters, colour correctors and proc amps.
- Software-defined platform that will deliver new, cutting-edge feature upgrades via no-cost software updates.
- Exciting software-licensed functionalities, yet to be announced, that take Ultra beyond a production switcher.
Carbonite Ultra is now shipping. With the introduction of Carbonite Ultra, the full range of original Carbonite switchers are now in end of production as of IBC 2018:
- Carbonite & Carbonite Plus – still available for order, but supplies are limited.
- Carbonite MultiMedia & Carbonite eXtreme – announced in August.