- Do you have a passion for audio and video equipment?
- Do you like working with your hands and not being tied down to a desk all the time?
- Do you like working for small companies where you can really make a difference?
- Do you have great technical and people skills? Know your way around computers (both Mac and Windows)?
If so, you might be a great fit for this position at Z Systems. You will be working with our installation and integration team helping us install, test, repair, document, and train users on a variety of audiovisual, professional video production, editing systems, and storage systems.
This posting is for an entry level installation technician position. You don’t have to come to us knowing everything, but
This posting is for an experienced installation technician. You should have experience installing, troubleshooting, and servicing audio, audiovisual, and video production systems such as video switchers, streaming systems, teleconferencing systems, and such. Newtek Tricaster® experience is a plus. You should also have a general aptitude and interest in video and computer technology, be good with your hands, and have a zest for learning. This is a hands-on job – desk jockeys need not apply.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Work at the direction of our integration / engineering manager on a variety of AV and video installation projects.
- Interface with customers, other installation technicians, and our sales staff to identify and properly resolve issues as they come up.
- Pulling low voltage cables and wiring, putting connectors on them (video, audio, and data).
- Some computer work (Mac and Windows) – amount to be dependent on your skill and interest levels.
- Training and research as needed in order to stay current on new industry trends, products and programs.
- Documenting your hours and activities, as well as editing design drawings to help us created accurate ‘as-built’ drawings and documents.
- Most work (90%) is in the Twin Cities Metropolitan area, but some may be out-state.
Our ideal candidate must have:
- Technical aptitude and interest for the av and pro video marketplace.
- The ability to work with their hands, i.e. manual dexterity.
- A driver’s license and a car.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- An interest in learning and doing a variety of different things.
Additionally, we’d like to see:
- Some post-secondary education.
- Some professional video or film production or post production experience.
- Some construction experience
- The ability to solder low voltage (mainly audio) cables.
This is a full-time position with full benefits – paid vacation, paid sick leave, health care and a Simple IRA retirement plan. Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Z Systems
Z Systems is a woman-owned Twin-Cities based pro video reseller and integrator. Our customers include corporate, government, educational institutions, houses of worship, video production companies, post production houses, and any other organizations that need professional video and audiovisual systems. Basically, any business or organization that is creating audio and video materials.
Our core values are:
- Technical excellence – we know what we sell
- Fierce customer loyalty – we will advocate for our customers over everything else to ensure that they are treated fairly.
- Value – we will utilize technology shifts to help our customers achieve more results with less money than our competitors.
We’ve been in business for 24 years and offer both health care and a Simple IRA retirement savings plan for all our full-time employees.
Our office is in Saint Louis Park – just a couple blocks from the Cedar Lake Trail bicycle path, and the future Light Rail Green Line.